From: imperialman
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2004 3:03 PM
Subject: IML: auto bodywork...I think can, I think I can

A major accomplishment for me this last month.
After approximately 3 plus years( yes THREE years) of a on again-off again work effort  I FINALLY have my 67 Crown Coupe completely stripped to bare metal.   Armed with a DA sander and 80 grit stick on paper I successfully ground through two coats of paint, bondo and primer.
I  had initially tried using chemical stripper but found it to be
messy and caustic with not much faster results.
  The good news is that my 67  as a western South Dakota vehicle. has only one area of rust thru approximately 3 inches in diameter. Not having a MIG welder I am considering using a metal bonding adhesive to glue in a patch panel. I am told this works well.
The bad news is that the P/S fender , drivers door ,and  part of the rear p/s quarter panel have all been worked over at one time or another with bondo.  So though rust free,my 67 was definitely in a accident at sometime in its life.
Does anyone have a solution for filling holes  in the metal from a previous  go-round with a dent puller?.
                     Clay Smith
                   67 Crown Coupe
                   60 Custom

Do you Yahoo!?