Alignment Proceedures - '56

Ah, but that doesn't answer my question.  The factory service manual doesn't
provide very useful information on caster adjustment which IS different from
later model Chrysler products.  Even though I've never done an alignment myself
- no space for one of those $50K Hunter rigs :-) - I've had enough older cars
and watched enough alignments performed to know that the adjustments
available on my '67 Monaco and '73 Satellite were different and, appeared, more
extensive.

When it comes to repairs on my cars, I'm the type who wants to have some idea
of how the work is done even if I don't do it myself.  That's one of the
reasons I like this particular shop - they allow customers to observe they're
work
and are willing to take the time to explain it.  A mechanic who asks no
questions and simply hands the keys back saying everything's done, scares me.
I've
had that happen only to find out that they had no idea what they were doing
but were afraid to ask or admit as much.

So back to the original question: does anyone know the procedure for caster
adjustment on the '55/'56 Imps?  The service manual indicates that MINOR caster
adjustments can be made with an eccentric bushing on the upper control arm.
This bushing is NOT labeled on the exploded views but appears to be on the
outboard end of the upper control arm which I believe, as does the tech, would
do
more to affect chamber than caster.  The inboard end of the upper control arm
appears to be rigidly attached to the frame unlike newer Chrysler products
with which I am familiar where there are slotted holes that allow for the
adjustment.

Obviously we are missing something here, I just need some help finding it.
Paul, perhaps if you are in at the shop that has served you so well, you could
ask them for a brief description or comment on where the adjustment is.  I'm
confident that with just a little help, we can figure this out.  The tech who
is helping me isn't ancient but he is in his late fifties and has been working
on cars professionally since his twenties.

Thanks,
Jeff
'56 Sedan
Trenton, NJ