Paint prices ?

I have had two cars painted by MACCO in recent years. In my opinion
they are good depending on your expectations.
 I used to paint my own cars about 15 years ago. I used lacquer, enamel
and catalyzed paints as they have evolved throuout the years. Since then
prices for paint have skyrocketed due to environmental hazards over the
waste materials and vapors. Thus the reason why I decided to try
MACCO on my old everyday basic transportation vehicles. In my area
every January or February MACCO has a special due to lack of
business and snow this time of year. They offer their "supreme" paint
job, which is a step above their base "presidential" for a mere $399.
It is a clear coat job with UV protection additives.
 The way MACCO operates, is they need to paint 10 cars near the end of the
week. They have kids just tape the chrome and the painter basically operates
an assembly line. What you need to do is tell them to call you when
they are low on their quota for the week. They will be willing to
give you a great deal. What they make their money on is body work.
But since you have already done that, there should be no extra charges.
By the way, they just scuff up the old paint and spray over it without
laying down primer. Door jams and color changes are extra. If you
have imperfections or chips in the paint, they will be visible after their
paint job, so you need to do the priming and prep work yourself if it
needs it. Taking chrome off is recommended because they do a lousy
job of taping. As for the paint, I have no complaints. It weathers well
outside for years and has a nice gloss.
I know in my area there several MACCO shops. All are independently
owned. So if one is not courteous, try another.
John