Re:1957 or 1958 Ghia on E*Bay

I recall seeing this very same vehicle offered for sale on a classic car internet site months ago; in fact, I just found the link under my Favorites.

                                  http://www.cars-on-line.com/57chrys9518.html

The E*Bay site at least provides additional photographs of the vehicle, although it would have been nice if the dealer-owner had not taken those photographs through the display window.  From what little I have read about the Ghias of this era, I do believe that many of them used components from more than one model year; does anyone know how they were ordered?  Were they ordered and built according to a specific customer's request?  Is that the reason the production numbers of each model year varied, with none being produced during some model years?

                                                    Dan L. from Nashville TN