'91new acquisition -- air ride suspension!

'91new acquisition -- air ride suspension!

David

I have a 91 also. The air ride went bad on it. Front strut had a slow leak, and
finally quit holding air all together. Had mine checked out at my local Mopar
dealer.  He quoted me $926.00 each for the front struts.  Hell, I didn't pay
that much for the car.  The is a local backyard mechanic in the town where I
live.  He went and had a junckyard pull the suspension parts from a Dodge
dynasty and installed them in my Imperial. they are interchangable. Put on some
Gabriel air shocks on the rear. Rides like a charm Hope this gives you a bit of
help.

Bob

91 Imperial

--- David.Whitney@xxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi, group --

I'm about to acquire a '91 that has been sitting for six months.
Cosmetically excellent, obscenely low price, and the 4-wheel air ride
suspension is flat.  The previous owner rode it that way, actually putting
smaller tires on the front and bottoming out the transmission pan (ouch!).
 However, he insists the bags are intact.  So I want to have it inspected
by the dealer before I decide whether to salvage the system or replace it
with air shocks.

And yes, I'm going to have the transmission flushed and serviced, since he
was not using the correct fluid.  This car deserves better treatment than
it's been getting.

This is my first foray into modern Imperialism.  I have read the thread
archives regarding this system and the rest of the 91-93 pages, but if
anybody has any other thoughts please feel free to weigh in.

Thanks,

David

64 Crown 4-door
soon to be 91

THE HOLIDAYS ARE HERE: YOU NEED GIFTS!
Shop Now For Everything from Fire and EMS to Fun Stuff and Everything Else.
http://www.firehouse.com/shop
LOGON TODAY!