Imperial headlight doors - part duex

Thanks to the suggestions you sent about adjusting the headlight doors to fit the grill alignment.  I think I have mine just about perfect (at least for my needs).  I opened and closed the doors a couple times.  Between each action, I moved the manual opening / closing knob at the bottom of the center mounted motor.  I remember from teen age years reading my grandfather’s 1972 Imperial owners manual about the knob for manual operation of the doors.  When the doors did not close exactly, I would adjust the door until they were closed.  After about 3 round trips of the doors, they now look beautiful and aligned.

My new question:  When turning that knob for adjustment (not just manual opening / closing), is there a point of no return (either way) beyond which you will turn the knob too tight or it will fall off altogether?  I would not want my improvisational adjusting to cause the motor to no longer have gears hitting gears such that it would not open or close the doors.  I have never had one of the motors apart and thus don’t know how they are constructed inside.

Thanks again for your ideas.

Sincerely,

Bradley R. Teets, CPA/PFS, CFP

"Securities offered through Financial Investment Analysts, Inc. -

 Member NASD / SIPC"