Imperial headlight doors - part duex

--- "Bradley R. Teets, CPA/PFS, CFP (home office)"
<brtcpapfs@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> My new question:  When turning that knob for
> adjustment (not just manual
> opening / closing), is there a point of no return
> (either way) beyond which
> you will turn the knob too tight or it will fall off
> altogether?

As long as the motor is still attached to the
headlight doors, you won't be able to go past the
limit of the internal gear travel.  I've had several
of these apart, and frankly, it's a pretty poor
design!

Probably the BEST thing that you can do for this motor
is to remove it from the car (which is a lot easier to
do than you might think!), turn it upside down so that
the knob is facing up, and get as much oil to go down
the shaft as you can.  The bearings stiffen up over
the years.  You will be amazed at how much faster,
smoother, and quieter your headlight doors will be
after doing this.

Elijah
1965 Imperial LeBaron
1970 Imperial LeBaron