starting 63 413

I turned the motor over by hand, put a new battery in it,and it turns over a
little slow and wont fire.I noticed 2 wires that were chewed on the fire
wall.They look like they were connected to
two white resistor looking things.Are these ballast resistors,and would thi
have an effect on the spark.The points are set perfectly.