58 Custom?

> >but we can't tell if it's a LeBaron, Crown, or Custom.

Tis my day to split hairs.  The word "custom" was not introduced until 1959
to describe the base model.   In 1958 the base model has no designation.
Therefore one should say:

". . . we can't tell if it's an Imperial LeBaron, Imperial Crown, or an
Imperial."

Some ways to tell them apart.  The interior is a give away.  The base model
is plainer and does not have a crown embossed in the upholstery.  Also, its
arm rests are not usable for storage and do not have opening tops.  If the
interior light on the roof is rectangular its the base model.  The Crown and
LeBaron's light is round.  The Crown has little crowns in various locations,
including over the headlights and the Imperial script on the side.  The
script on the side is different for LeBaron bit, other than that, I'm not
sure what else one got for one's extra LeBaron dollars.

Hugh