Sent: Saturday, March 06, 2004 7:02 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IML: Question for Wire Wheel Experts

Regarding the Motor Wheel Wire Wheels for Imperials up through '56:  These are 15"x 6", 5.5" x 5 lug wheels (other Mopars used 15"x 5.5", 4.5" x 5 lug wheels and Packards used 15" x 6", 5" x 5 lug wheels, also by Motor Wheel and otherwise identical).  The question I have is this:  HOW MANY SPOKES on the Imperial wire wheels?  The answer is going to be either 52 or 48, but I need to know which it is.

If the answer is 52 spokes on the original wheels, then the aftermarket wheels now widely available have 48 spokes.  If the answer is 48 spokes original, then my understanding is that the aftermarket wheels have 52 spokes.  If you know for sure what the answer is, please let me (and everyone else know!!)

Thanks,

Bob Trepanier