55 belt clearance

All,
    I am working on getting the 55 running after sitting for about 15 years.  While removing the three belts off of the front of the engine I found that there is insufficient clearance between the crankshaft pulley and the front cross member to get the belts off (forward).  There is clearance, but just not enough for the belts.  I don't know what the clearance should be, but assume that it should be more than what it is.  I assume this indicates the engine mounts need replaced.  Has anyone had a similar problem and if so what was the cause?

Thanks,
    John