A604 do-it-yourself transmission rebuild

A604 do-it-yourself transmission rebuild

__________________

Hello, fellow Imperial lovers --

I considering venturing where I haven't been before and rebuilding the
transmission on my newly-acquired 116,000 mile 1991 Imperial with all
options except sun/moon roof and "only" a 3.3L engine. The interior and
exterior are near perfect, so I think I'll make it my daily driver.

To rebuild or to buy reman?  Phoenix is selling the A604 with a torque
converter for less than $700 plus shipping.  That sounds more attractive
than a rebuild.

If I do rebiuld, should I order the Mopar rebuild kit or aftermarket? What
additional parts will I need and which performance parts should I consider?
Maybe a different shift kit.  Yes, I'm willing to sacrifice comfort. If I want
comfort, I'll climb into my '64 Crown 4-door.

Most importantly, I need a printed reference with step-by-step
instructions. Should I go ahead and buy the entire CD-ROM manual? Is there
a manual specifically for rebuilding this transmission?

By the way, this transmission shows up as DGB on the fender tag, not DGL
as in all the references I've seen.  Any ideas what that means?  I called
the dealer and I called Chrysler HQ and they didn't know.

Thanks,

David

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally
privileged.  If you have received this e-mail in error or are not the
intended recipient, please immediately notify the sender by return e-mail
and delete this message from your computer. Any use, distribution, or
copying of this e-mail other than by the intended recipient is strictly
prohibited.

For more information about Shearman & Sterling LLP, please see our website
at http://www.shearman.com.