brakes 53 imperial

Dennis,
I too bought a low mileage original car that was
stored for 30+ years.  When it came to the brakes I
soon found that the slave cylinders at the wheels
where full of rust.  The car acted like yours does
when I first tried to drive it.  What the problem is
caused from is moisture in the brake fluid, do to
condensation.  I would replace every hydraulic brake
part in the car to be safe. This would include all
wheel cylinders, hoses, and shoes if needed.  Pay
close attention to the anchor pins on the brake shoes.
 They need to aligned back to the original positions.
This will make the car safer for your family and those
around you.
RC  Billings, Montanaaaaaaa