brakes 53 imperial

Quint: I had the brakes done recently on my 53, and I had the same problem.
You can adjust it out right at the master cylinder. You turn the plunger, as
I recall. I haven't looked at it recently, and can't describe the actual
processin detail

Mine don't drag now, but I notice that the brake lights sometimes stay on,
after I have turned off the motor! A few minutes later, they cool down, and
the lights go off. This is a deal where we adjusted it just enough to stop
the dragging, but not enough to keep the lights off.

So, more adjustment for me.

Currell

>From: "Quint Villanueva" <Qlv@xxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: IML: brakes 53 imperial
>Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 16:53:54 -0800
>
>At first blush it sounds like the brake shoes.  Since you've already had
>the booster reworked and you get pressure on the pedal to the metal anyway,
>it sounds like the most obvious...brake shoes.  32K original miles for a
>'53 seems really low....might not that odometer be going around for the 2nd
>time? And if it is the second time around...then it's probably brake shoes.
>
>                                         Quint

Get business advice and resources to improve your work life, from bCentral.
http://special.msn.com/bcentral/loudclear.armx