RE:octane booster and price of gas

Been there done that, and it seems to work okay. The only issue I would
recommend paying attention to is just how much of that octane booster
accumulates in the tank as you add it during each fill up. Just remember,
octane booster isn't gasoline.

To keep this from becoming a problem, when using additives on a regular basis,
I've been advised to run the tank nearly dry between fill ups. The problem is
that some people fill up every time the tank reaches half, and then add another
container of octane booster at the same time. After a while, that "lower half"
of the tank of gas becomes more and more saturated with octane booster, which
doesn't combust very well on its own. Over time this can become a problem.

Maybe some of the Chemists out there can help out with this, but I believe that
I am right. I am certain of that with respect to the old "Instead of Lead" that
we once were advised to use in the late '80s after lead was removed from the
fuel.

In my opinion, even at todays prices, gas is the cheapest thing that we put
into our cars. For my peace of mind I prefer to put the best grade of gas in
the car to start with and not mess around with additives. I may be imagining
it, but other than the absence of spark knocking, I feel like I get smoother
performance from premium fuel.

Paul