oil cooler lines

Chris, there's a good possibility that the cooler lines might interchange between the regular Chryslers and the Imperials in the 1970s era.  If, per chance, the radiator is a few inches farther away from the fan on the Imperial than on the Chrysler, the lines would be longer to compensate for the more farther away mounting of the radiator.  If the front subframe is configured the same in those areas on the two cars, there's a greater possibility too.  There's a particular architectural relationship between the front of the engine and where the trans cooler lines attach to the trans on all B/RB motors, but if the core support is farther forward on the Imperials than on the Chryslers, the lines would be longer.  The Chrysler service manuals had really good drawings of things back then so that might be a good resource to use, other than possible salvage yard scrutinizing, for this project.

Where I became aware of this relationship situation was when I was considering adding a factory cruise control to our '66 Chrysler.  Same exact spatial relationship for everything under the hood on a '74 (with repsect to the cruise control items) so the later one would fit the '66 (which would have had the older Perfect Circle style cruise with instrument panel controls).  So, you might luck out and be able to retreive a nice set from a salvage yard for a regular Chrysler, provided they haven't snipped them for some reason.

Just some thoughts,
W Bell