brakes 53 imperial

Dennis, I bought all of the parts for my 55 at
carquest.  They could order all the parts except the
master cylinder.  The brake shoes are the same from 47
on I think? My manual states that from 40-55 all
systems are Lockheed.  These cylinders were also used
in old machinery application.  The store in my town
didn't have the brake shoes so I had mine rebuilt.
Carquest was able to order all parts except the outer
wheel bearing and race for my car.  I had to go to a
different supplier for these.  Bumper to Bumper had
the other bearing. The bearing was very expensive.  If
I remember right it was like $50 a side.  Good luck
with your project.  O yeah one other suggestion.  If
you repack your front bearings make sure the the
grease you use is compatible with the old grease
types.   That is why I needed new bearings.  It only
took 200-300 miles to ruin them.  When I tore them
down the grease was like wax.
RC  Billings, Montanaaaaaaa

--- Captden30@xxxxxxx wrote: > kenyon, i will take the
good advice of you and
> roger. i am now looking for a
> source of quality parts.  the parts i got from
> bernbaum for my 51 windsor were
> very poor. he sent me a wheel cylinder that had been
> returned to him by
> someone else because it leaked where the line went
> in, and i am having a problem
> with one that is in the car now. it must have an out
> of round cylinder because
> the brake lining hangs up almost all the time.
> dennis,  53 custom

=====
RC Billings, Montanaaaaaa

http://www.imperialclub.com/temp/1955/RogerCrabtree/