It runs!!!

Hey list,

Wow! Two requests for an update.  The first part of my story is that in the
summer of 2002 I blew the 360 that was in my '83 Imperial.  With all the
talk about what oil and filter to use, remember (Lesson 1) that the majority
of engine failures come from overheating NOT poor oil maintenance. My
problem was a heater hose that rubbed on the pulleys and leaked all the
coolant. The idiot light never came on.  Lesson 2 get gauges. The idiot
light will not register if there is NO coolant at all, only if the coolant
itself is past a certain temperature.

When I finally had enough money, I still didn't have enough time, tools or
know-how, so I farmed the job out.  I bought a 300 hp magnum crate engine.
I didn't go for the 380 hp because the smaller cam and dual plane intake
should be better for a car of this weight with a 2.94 ltd slip rear.  I
bought a magnum balanced flywheel and had the weights knocked off the
converter.  My car already had an electric fuel pump and 727 trans.  The 727
seems to fit and operate fine except the that the display on the steering
column is slightly off at times.

The car currently runs, but I had to remove the a/c.  Part of the reason I
waited so long is that I was told that a new intake with an offset water
neck was coming out so that I could keep the a/c.  Problem is that the
offset is (like magnum truck engines) is to the passenger side. LA small
blocks are offset in the opposite direction. Now I will have to get a magnum
pulleys, accessories and a/c compressor and I'll probably switch over to
R134.  I presently have a rigged up pulley set-up because the a/c compressor
is needed for the belt to clear properly.  Bigdog Phil may be able to help
me out here with a Mopar idler pulley, but I have to investigate to be sure
of what exactly is required.

Thanks for listening.
Rob

One-click access to Hotmail from any Web page – download MSN Toolbar now!