Dads82 Garage door operner

What a surprise I had today.  The garage door opener I installed last year
is a Genie Excelerator.  The remote controls operate on (12 VDC) My old
opener operated on (9VDC).  I just assumed the new Genie used the same
voltage in there remotes.  Yes I did assumed something with out checking.
#&^%$#@

With some wiring change to the remote, remove the battery clips from the
circuit board, wire the switch closed, add the 12 VDC wiring to the circuit
board so it will plug into the old connections on the visor.  I removed a
driver side visor from the junk yard last Sunday I will use this as a proto
type It should work.  We will have a working garage door button on our
Imperial in northern Idaho.  And that will call for a Martini.  Ha Ha
Lawrence R Noska
lnoska@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Hauser, ID 83854