From: RandalPark@xxxxxxx [mailto:RandalPark@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2004 8:47 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IML: octane booster and price of gas/Why?

I agree with you Rich. I think that the point of this was that since gas is
so expensive, the person wanted to run cheaper, low octane gas instead of
premium, and use the octane booster to make up for it.

Apparently, the cost of low octane gas added to the cost of the octane
booster is less than just buying premium fuel.

To me, if somebody has to quibble over 20 cents per gallon of gas, they are
probably in the wrong hobby.

Paul

In a message dated 3/10/2004 12:11:37 PM Eastern Standard Time,
richard.woolf@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Is all this octane booster really necessary?
>
> I run high test unleaded in my '66 Imperial with the original motor.
However I do use the lead additive. The compression is 101/2 to 1. You have
to adjust the timing a little, but my car runs real good with no pinging.
Lots of low end power.
> Rich Woolf
> '66 Crown
> '73 LeBaron

fill up.  But then again I have a 440 with high