RE: Subject: IML: chroming experiences

Stay away from bumperboyz!

-----Original Message-----
From: bob siliani [mailto:bsiliani@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2004 7:46 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Subject: IML: chroming experiences

From: "Roger Casagrande" <roger.d.casagrande@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: IML: chroming experiences
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 18:48:06 -0500
IML folks;

Has anyone had experience with the bumperboyz on getting replacement
bumpers
for your Imperials? I need that done and would like to hear from those
that
have had the experience.

Thanks

Roger Casagrande
55 Newport
I have personally seen the product they sell, and I would not be satisfied
with their product at all on any car i own. I spoke with a fellow IML'er
several years ago at a large show here in PA and he  had one of their
(re-chromed) rear bumpers on his Imperial for less than two years and it
looked like s--t. It was rusting thru and needed to be re-chromed again.
He always kept his Imperial garaged and it otherwise looked like he kept
the car in great shape. We went over to their booth at the show that day
and they refused to do anything for him on this problem. In fact, he told
me this rusting bumper cost him alot of cash and they wouldn't even come
over to his Imperial (which was in the field that day) and look at it. I
don't like to bad mouth any vendor. But let me give you a warning- STAY
AWAY FROM BUMPER BOYZ. they deserve a stern warning from fellow IML'ers. I
have spoken with several IML'ers about this company and we were all in
agreement about them. In fact, I am in the process of looking for a
semi-local company to re-chrome some of my peices. I will definitely be
careful. While on the subject of re-chroming, does anyone out there have
an idea what is a fair price for re-chroming (say an Imperial sized
bumper) ???  I was told that they charge by the pound or by the amount of
stuff dipped all at once. I suspect there is a general guideline on prices
but am just starting to look into this. Bob Siliani
                                            66 LeBaron