Dads 82 Speed control trouble

Has any body worked on the speed control system of a 82 Imperial?  The FSM
gives me some clues of were to start But if somebody has an idea or has
trouble shot this system before I could use your help.  It does not work.
The FSM said to jack up the back wheels block the front wheels run the car
to over 35 MPH.  This seams a little scary to me I do have jack stands for
the back wheels. However I could just see me trying to explain to my wife
how the car ended up in our back yard, and the whole in the garage wall. Ha
HA

But the garage opener will work.

Lawrence R Noska
lnoska@xxxxxxxxxxxx