Re: Re: IML: Classic?

--- tomswift@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I think the Classic Car Club of America is the group
> that really started using that term

Lots of information on the CCCA can be found at
http://www.classiccarclub.org/ (which is a pretty
classy web site).

> If I recall their definition there were several
> requirements.

Their requirements are actually pretty simple:

"The Club defines CCCA Classics or Full Classic™ Cars
as  '...fine or unusual motor cars which were built
between and including the years 1925 to 1948.  (Some
cars built prior to 1925 that are virtually identical
to a 1925 model that is recognized by the Club are
currently being accepted on a "Please Apply" basis).
All of these are very special cars which are
distinguished by their respective fine design, high
engineering standards and superior workmanship.'"
(from http://www.classiccarclub.org/CarList.htm)

The list of Chrysler automobiles recognized by the
CCCA includes the following:
1926 -1930 - Imperial 80, 1929 Imperial L
1931 -1937 - Imperial Series CG, CH, CL, and CW
Newports and Thunderbolts
1934 - CX
1935 - C-3
1936 - C-11
1937 - 1948 - Custom Imperial, Crown Imperial Series
C-15, C-20, C-24, C-27, C-33, C-37, C-40

Elijah (who also plays a reference librarian in real
life, too)