Classic/Milestone

Technically, in professional parlance no modern Imperial is a registered
"Classic". The term only applies mainly to the magnificent cars of the late
1920's and 1930's such as Pierce Arrows, Duesenbergs, big Packards (not the
"little" ones), I believe some Chrysler Imperials, and such with few
exceptions. There is actually a list of registered "Classic Cars" which I am
sure could be easily made available.

Antiques are mainly "Brass and Buggy Era" vehicles which begin with the first
autombiles (horseless carriages) and continue through the '20s.

The category that really does take into consideration the majority of cars we
discuss here would be Milestone, which is why I pose the question of its
existance. Periodically they were going to add cars based on merit, popularity,
rarity, and style. I recall that there may have even been disucssion about some
Milestone vehicles also being Antique, for example a Model A Ford, since in
modern times it had become somewhat of a cult vehicle separate from its
original classification.

Maybe I am just dreaming, but I seem to remember that this was a big deal back
in the '70s. It would be valuable to know if this type of thinking is still
being pursued in the hobby. Were any more Imperials ever added to the list of
Milestone Cars? As I mentioned earlier, '55 &'56 were among the first cars with
the designation. They also included all Ghia Limosines.

Paul