Vacuum Advance Unit

About vacuum advances: Last year, I bought from NAPA (with AAA discount),
NAPA Echlin part # VC1165. This is the early type of vacuum advance that is
often recommended here on the list. I have it installed on my '72 Newport
Custom w/440. It works a little more in tune w/the drivetrain than the
original vacuum advance, as mentioned below as the generic on the shelf
part. They found one, in Seattle, which I had the next few days. If you go
to the counter and ask for them to find one, they probably will come up with
one, from somewhere.

Correct vacuum advances appear on E-bay periodically.
Don't buy a generic from NAPA - I can guarantee you it
is set for 1967-and-later specs.

Eric
'63 Crown Four-Door
'72 Newport Custom Sedan