Dads 82 Speed control not working

Dick you hit it on the head. I tested the Speed control Switch and found a
open between Yellow and Brown with Red tracer.  After exercising the switch
the contacts closed.  When the switch was moved to the on position, like it
should have.  The test is a 7step test the rest of the steps tested OK.  The
stop lamp and speed control switch tested good also.  The speed unit holding
coil test, the coil is working.  The next  test is to raise rear wheels and
drive them to 35 M.P.H.  I think I will go for a test drive, I can see
myself explaining to my wife how the car got in the back yard, and the whole
in the garage wall. HA Ha

The next thing I will look at is the heated rear window; the LED on the
switch doesn't seam to be working?  Do you have some thoughts on this?
Lawrence R Noska
lnoska@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Hauser, ID 83854