Phoenix Reman. Transmissions -- is this place any good?

Phoenix Reman. Transmissions -- is this place any good?

Hello, fellow Imperial lovers --

My newly acquired, high-mileage '91 Mark Cross edition is coming home this
week from the shop where we have been making it roadworthy after a period
of neglect.  I am considering replacing the transmission with a
remanufactured unit, and Phoenix Remanufactured Transmissions is quoting me
$870.  That includes solenoid pack, remanufactured stock 10 3/4" torque
converter and TransGo shift kit installed.  In addition, they'll remove my
old tranny and install this one for an additional $400 plus fluid.  That is
considerably lower than estimates I have got from other places.

Does anyone have experience with this shop?  I have been warned by a fellow
on the allpar forum, but their BBB standing is good.

Thanks,

David

'91 K-Imperial daily driver
'64 Crown 4-door rolling project