Phoenix Reman. Transmissions -- is this place any good?

Phoenix Reman. Transmissions -- is this place any good?

  I have a friend who before he retired owned his own transmission shop in
New Mexico and he also owned several FWD Chrysler mini-vans with the same
transmission.  I asked him this same question a short time ago and he told
me if I found one rebuilt for less than $1500 to run not walk away from it.
He told me that while these transmissions are slightly more difficult to
re-build the kits are very expensive to buy compared to other FWD
transmissions and all of the kits he tried none had all of the parts
required so that always added to the expense. As for removing and replacing
it for $400 that's pretty easy to figure out.  My Mitchell's Time book says
it takes 7 hours to remove the trans and put it back in.  Multiply the labor
rate, it's $72 per hour here and pretty close most others, by 7 and it comes
out to $504 not including shop fee's, taxes and rag disposal fees (the EPA
has it's hand in this fee) and you begin to see that $400 is just a little
to low.  I've been to Phoenix, AZ and the labor rate there was in the $72
per hour range last summer and I doubt it's gone down any since.

  While I have not bought one of their transmissions I do believe in the old
adage:  if it sounds too good to be true than it probably is!!

  By the way I also own a 94 Dodge Dakota with the AX 15 5spd and they
wanted the same price for a re-built one, makes me wonder how they can offer
two completely different transmissions for the same price!?!?!?!?

Dave U.
81 Imp