Broken Bolt removal

So far I havent even reached the broken bolt to this point. The reason is: the other pulley bolt, which is not broken "yet" will not come off. I have used heat, pencil torch w/propane. I have tapped with a hammer on the bolt, up to the point of almost distorting the  grip my socket still gets.
I fabricated a heat shield out of galvanized metal to keep the fuel pump from blowing me sky high during the torching process. I kept heat on the portion of the block where the intact bolt is for about 15 minutes before trying to turn it. NOPE no dice, in fact I broke the extention hooked to my ratchet.
Im hoping I didnt which is possible burn the gasket to the water pump in the process. Because since my rebuild will happen within three to four months while repainting, I think Im going to use an aceteline/oxegen torch to simple weld the bracket and bolt together with the old belt installed again. I have another 413 I can get a new braket and bolts from during the rebuild. When I do the rebuild I can take the block down to the valley LA area and have a machine shop do that zapping thing they do to remove bolts Not my first choice but it will work and I can get back to concentrating on my home construction more so than the Imperial, especially as the temperature daily is climbing. Soon it will be nearly impossible to work outdoors, our temp is already 80 some degrees and climbing. It hit all at once as does the cold season. Here everything in extremes.
So thats it for that saga, maybe...

Regards

Patrick Williams

High Desert, Southern California