From: "Chris Lynch" <creesto@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2004 2:57 PM
Subject: Re: IML: Mystery clunk

&gt; I had my '66 coupe out today!! Granted, I HAD to move it from one<BR>
&gt; apartment's garage to my new one, and the tags were expired, and I
haven't<BR>
&gt; driven it since Sept., and the interior is still in pieces, and the
fuel<BR>
&gt; filter hoses were leaking like all hell, and the power steering was
whining<BR>
&gt; even though I just topped it off, STILL!! I got to drive my baby
today!!<BR>
&gt; Took about 4 tries with Starter fluid in the carb and a jump from my
Ca%%y,<BR>
&gt; but she fired up and was a joy to wheel about in. BUT. But I noticed
a<BR>
&gt; mystery clunk. This one seems to occur when just starting out, and
its<BR>
&gt; definitely coming from the right rear quarter area. Could this be a
springs<BR>
&gt; thing? If it sounded more centered or under my feet, I would guess it
to be<BR>
&gt; the tranny mount. HELP!<BR>
&gt; <BR>
&gt; Best regards to all of you smarter and more experienced than me,<BR>
&gt; chris<BR>
&gt; <BR>
&gt; &gt; From: mailing-list-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (List Server)<BR>
&gt; &gt; Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 13:37:19 -0800<BR>
&gt; &gt; Subject: IML DIGEST<BR>
&gt; &gt; <BR>
&gt; &gt; First of all&nbsp; I must thank Ernie for the centre bearing
carrier Idea. I =<BR>
&gt; &gt; am in the process of retro fitting one to my Le Baron, which is
not an&nbsp; =<BR>
&gt; &gt; X frame car. The only difference&nbsp; is how the carrier will
bolt down. ( a =<BR>
&gt; &gt; simple modification of the bracket is all that's needed )&nbsp;
I.M.H.O The =<BR>
&gt; &gt; S10 carrier is a better long term=20<BR>
&gt; &gt; repair as it is a mechanical assembly rather than a chemical bond
to the =<BR>
&gt; &gt; metal &amp; rubber . As we all know it is the bonding on the
originals that =<BR>
&gt; &gt; gives way, this will be the 3rd time that in the last 9 years I
have had =<BR>
&gt; &gt; to repair / replace the carrier. The previous two original
carriers were =<BR>
&gt; &gt; a nos &amp; a remanufactured one ! all had the bond between the
metal &amp; =<BR>
&gt; &gt; rubber fail.<BR>
&gt; &gt; <BR>
&gt; &gt; Regards<BR>
&gt; &gt; Dave<BR>
&gt; &gt; with out the clunk clunk !<BR>
&gt; <BR>
&gt; <BR>
&gt; <BR>
http://www.imperialclub.com&nbsp; -----------------<BR>
&gt; This message was sent to you by the Imperial Mailing List. Please <BR>
&gt; reply to mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and your response will be <BR>
&gt; shared with everyone. Private messages (and attachments) for the<BR>
&gt; Administrators should be sent to webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<BR>