Please Welcome Patrick Moore

New Subscriber(s): Patrick Moore
Email Address is: pnkmoore@xxxxxxx
Member Location: New Orleans area, LA

Car(s) owned: 1958 4 door hardtop(black)

Self-Introduction: Delivery date of car: April 5, 2004.  I purchased this
car from an estate in Shreveport.  Latest registration is 1977, so it's been
sitting in and out of cover for at least 25 years.  There is no body damage
and no serious rust, but the engine is not running.  I've known about the
car through a relative since about 1980 (I was 16) and have lusted after it
ever since.  I'm thrilled to have it.  It will be a long-term restoration
project. I've had two other "classic" cars, both of which I purchased to use
as daily drivers when I was in college so neither needed as much work as
this one.  Of course, neither of them ('62 BelAir/'70 300)were quite as cool
as this one!  It's going in a garage and I'll slowly bring it back to life.
Advice?!  I've got a long way to go.  I haven't even had time to confirm
whether it's a 393 Hemi or a 440, that latter of which I suspect since the
block is enormous with bottom spark plugs. No rear air, so I'm not sure it's
a Southampton as I
That's a "must" in South Louisiana.  I've been reading up on Imperials for
years, and have been a frequent visitor of this sight since I started
negotiating for this car.  I held off on joining until I actually had it in
my posession, which happened yesterday.  Thanks!