From: "James" <nyb@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2004 1:39 PM
Subject: Re: IML: Gas mileage..or lack of

If that's city mileage, and you are using "short", or American gallons
(3.8 L) that's about right.  On the highway, it should be around 14-15
miles per gallon.  Using Imperial gallons, 12-14 mpg in the city, and
16-18 on the highway is the usual range.  You can check the timing and
the carb adjustment/condition, a general tune-up may be in order if the
car is new to you.  However, as you said, it is a 5000 lb., not very
aerodynamic car with a big engine; gas mileage should be expected to be
terrible by today's standards.  But hey, you didn't buy it for the gas
mileage, did you?

Happy Driving,

James
1976 NYB with 440 cubic inches of gas guzzling fun