Coker Tire Responds to IML Complaints

I felt that the recent discussion on the IML left the subject of debate (Coker & Co.) out of the loop and unable to defend themselves, which isn't all that fair in my book.  I contacted Coker and made them aware that they are getting negative publicity here and invited a response to the report that their sales dept. did not recognize that Imperials take different sizes than Chryslers even after the buyer insisted, and that warranty claims are not being acted on strongly enough.

As I said earlier, I've had a good relationship with Coker, and as the owner of an obsolete car, feel that the onus is partially mine to know what it needs, as others just aren't as focused as I am on it.  My Coker BF Goodrich Silvertowns (15") are super tires.

Below is the Coker representative's response, and I read it to mean that he's willing to be personally accountable as a point of contact regarding getting outstanding issues resolved.

If you have had issues with Coker, this might be your ticket to a fix.  After all is said and done, if Coker resolves your issues and makes a good-faith effort, I think that a favorable mention about it to the IML is the least that one could do if they are behaving as a reputable vendor should.

Please feel free to contact Patrick directly.  I declined his request to have him here as a guest, as vendors and complaints about them are not the focus of our mailing list, and I'd like to avoid using this forum as a ventilation and debate forum for business that is between individual members and Coker Tire.  I do think that we owe them a fair shake, though, as they're one of the few vendors supporting new/remanufactured parts for our cars.

-Kenyon

Please read on:

Patrick Moates <patrickm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sure thing Kenyon, and thank you for giving me the opportunity to stand up for us. To first address the sales error. We do not have very many brand specific sales people. Being a Mopar man myself, I would have figured to look up the Imperial and not use the Chrysler name (we have them listed seperately in our computer), but in the salespersons defense all the Chryslers we have listed in 1960 do use a 14" wheel. However, the Imperials as all Imperial owners know use a 15" wheel so that is our mistake and we do apologize. To address our warranty issues - we stand behind our products 100 percent. We replace any tire that a customer has a problem with based on an inspection basis. We are at a disadvantage when it comes to warranty issues because we are a mail order company. However, we back our products and do not leave any customer hung out to dry. If any customer ever has a problem with one of our customer service representatives, they are always welcome to contact me directly at patrickm@xxxxxxxxx, or 1-800-251-6336 ext 254. If you wish to speak to a higher power, my customer service managers name is Jess Hoodenpyle, and he can be reached at jessh@xxxxxxxxx or the same toll free number ext 263. Either one of us is always ready to help as we know we would not be Coker Tire without the customer. Please don't hesitate to contact either one of us at any time with any problems.

Could you also send me the link to this forum so that the two of us may look at it? This is something I'm going to see that we address at our weekly staff meeting. I have printed out your original e-mail, but I would like to see the forum as well. Thanks for taking time to help us out.

Best Regards,

Patrick Moates
eSales & Marketing
Coker Tire Co.
1-800-251-6336
423-265-6368
Ext. 254
patrickm@xxxxxxxxx
Order Online at the NEW www.coker.com!

> We don't normally allow vendors to post and try to keep things non-volatile. I do want your viewpoint to be heard. Please send me a statement and I'll forward it to the list with your contact information for those with questions/issues so that they can try to resolve any differences.
>
> It is my understanding from those that post to multiple lists that this is a sentiment to be found among many across different marques if what people say is to be beleived.
>
> I do want to help you.
>
> -Kenyon Wills
>
> Patrick Moates wrote:
> If you will tell me where this forum is, I will be glad to go and personally make a post addressing all of these issues. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. We do stand behind our products so please let me know which forum and I will head that way and make a post today.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Patrick Moates
> eSales & Marketing
> Coker Tire Co.
> 1-800-251-6336
> 423-265-6368
> Ext. 254
> patrickm@xxxxxxxxx
> Order Online at the NEW www.coker.com!
>

> > Customers need help!
> >
> > Customer info:
> > ---------------------
> > First Name: Kenyon
> > Last Name: Wills
> >
> > Address:
> > ----------------
> > Address: 15760 Via Cordoba
> > City: san lorenzo
> > State: California
> > Country: United States
> > Zip code: 94580
> >
> > Phone: 415-699-8760
> > Fax:
> > E-Mail: imperialist1960@xxxxxxxxx
> > Web site: http://
> >
> > Department: Sales
> > Subject: Webring discussion drubbs Coker?
> > Message:
> > I help to moderate an online email discussion group for Chrysler Imperials with 600 members reading the messages. I have bought tires from you many times and have always been pleased. I want to inform you that your company is currently getting hung out to dry over warranty issues and service issues. Seems to me that most companies would want to know what people are saying about them, be it positive or negative. ..........others have had cracking problems on radials that they bought where the whitewall meets the blackwall and it was not addressed at all, leaving frustration and a willingness to ding you.

You are in the process of losing all sorts of potential clients and might want to take a look at processes and procedures. I have nothing but good things to say about you and there are a few others saying the same, but remember that statisitcally a bad word has a life of its own while good service is sometimes unrewarded in social circles.