Removing Interior Door Handles

I'm planning on bringing my car to Chryslers at Carlisle this summer and
therefore have a few projects to complete before then.  One is to replace the
driver's window which is cracked and the other is to get the front passenger's
door lined up so that it closes correctly (it's hanging low at the moment).  In
order to do both of these, I will need to remove the inside door handles which
appear to have some type of clip holding them in place.  What tools and /or
technique is needed to get the handles off?

Also, any suggestions on how to get the passenger's door properly aligned?
Is this a reasonably straightforward project or am I better off taking the car
to a reputable body shop?

Thanks
Jeff
'56 Sedan