The fate of "my" 73

Several people have asked about the 73 Imperial that was on e-bay a few weeks ago. Here is how things stand:

The second highest bidder is a prominent list member.  He is checking into the cost of transporting it, which seems to be the crux of the matter.  If nothing comes of it, I will re-list it on e-bay.  If that fails, I'll send it to a scrap yard, probably Dr. Mopar, and the several other list members who have asked for parts can pick its bones.  I am not up for that.  The city does not appreciate having it at the museum intact.  I cannot imagine their reaction to a picked over hulk.  Plus I am not capable of safely removing the pieces folks say they want and then arranging to ship stuff all over.  Whatever money could be made is far out weighed by the time, effort and inconvenience of the undertaking.

I hope I don't come across as thinking that I am owed something here.  I have moved four vehicles in the last few months, one of which, a school bus minus its motor, I traded to a local VFD for a fire truck siren worth $1,000.00, a heck of a deal.  I have one more to go after the 1973.  We hung onto the 1973 for way too long and I'm to blame for that.  A local Mopar club member said he wanted it, as did a museum member but neither came through with an offer of any kind.  (I'd even have let the museum member have it much like I have the 1958 but he's not as canny as me, if I may use a Scots word.  I see a value in not owning the 1958 and understand it is a win / win situation for me and the museum.  Twice there have been motions put to the board that ownership should be transferred to me and both times I have said you can vote as you wish but I won't sign to take possession of it.  The second motion was meant as a compliment, by the way.)

I'm mystified by the trajectory the 73 car has made.  A true red headed step child of an automobile.  I always hoped I get a chance to drive it before it left.  I know now it will never happen.  Oh well.

Hugh