Radio Upgrades

Hello All,
I have been following the thread regarding cassettes/Cd's/8 Tracks. This summer, the restoration of my 64 begins in earnest. I have decided that the simplest solution to the cruising sounds situation is to install an XM system. The tuner is slim and easily hidden. The receiver can be installed under the dash. The result of this system is digital quality music that answers to every taste.
It also speaks to the problem of originality. Since this system is easily installed, damage to the dash is minimal. My local Radio Shack installer has assured me that high output speakers can be installed in the kick panels. Since mine are carpet covered, the installation is both neat and discreet. Any thoughts?
                                                  Allan from Billings, Montana