Please Welcome Ian Beeby

> New Subscriber(s): Ian Beeby
> Email Address is: ibeeby@xxxxxxx
> Member Location: Matlock, England
>

> Bristol is England's last hand-built car manufacturer - still going.  They
> started after the war by building copies of the pre-way BMW 328 sports
> saloon - and in the early 1960s they adopted the Chrysler V8 engines - and
> today they are using the Viper V10 in their latest sports car!  Mine is a
> modest 1967 model, one of around 80 produced.  Built on a chassis with an
> aluminium body and leather/wood interior.  Does 132mph and 0-60 in around
> 8.5 seconds when running well:-)

Welcome to IML Ian.  I think the Bristols also had the spare tire stored in the
front fender, right?  Later the Bristols got 383's, but I think they called
those 412.  These must have been even faster.  Is the suspension and steering
gear shared by other chrysler models?  I know the Jensens had their own
suspension and steering gear, but they had the Chrysler power steering pump.

Is this Bristol automotive company related to the WW2 aircraft and sleeve valve
aircraft engine manufacturer?

D^2, 68 LeBaron, 68 Sedan, 67 Volvo