Auto Climate Control

I have a 1970 Imperial with Automatic Climate Control.  Here is the problem. The heater motor does not respond properly. If I activate the defrost, it appears to work. When I switch to auto heat / cold the heater motor will run at high speed. The AC works for several minutes and then quits. If I go back to defrost, wait for the motor to start again, I can than go back to AC for a short time. If I jumper the motor, all functions appear to be working. A test light indicates that the motor in not getting any power. The manual states the resister block might be bad. I cannot find this part. Any ideas? If I find it, how do I test it.

Jerry

1970 Imperial