factory seat belts -- mounting holes provided in '62

factory seat belts -- mounting holes provided in '62

'62 was the first year for DOT mandatory seat belt mounting provisions for the front seat (driver and passenger).   On 4 door Imperials, you can see the reinforced mounting holes for each side from under the car -- one has a bolt at the B pillar, the other a rubber plug thru the floorpan.

John B.