66 Imperial clock

David,
Check in Hemmings. there are places that rebuild clocks. They can even retro
yours with a quartz movement that will work even better than the original.
George

Hello All;
 I find that point debatable, the old clock mechanisms, while primative by
today's standards, were actually cleaverly designed and quite well made. The
only design flaw that I can think of would be the lack of a capacitor to
suppress arcing between the contacts for the winding solenoid. In contrast
many of the quartz movements on the market today are very cheaply made and
are non servicable.
 The point being that when you send off your dash clock to one of these
outfits to be "upgraded" you don't really know what you are getting. Besides
that, the old clocks made a satisfying ticking noise and that to me adds to
the whole experience of operating an old car along with waiting for the
radio to warm up. For me there is a certain pride in getting the old
technology working and showing it off, if I need to keep more accurate time
I can always wear a watch or pack a GPS unit.
Best Regards
Arran Foster
1954 Imperial Newport
Needing A Left Side Tailight Bezele and other trim parts.