From: Robin Giesbrecht [mailto:robings@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, May 24, 2004 12:40 AM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: IML: Largest Imperial

I parallel park my 72 quite a bit. I used to  misjudge the size of the
parking spot quite often. It has to be 1.5 times that of a normal size
car.Lots of times I get it 3/4 way into the spot and it is obvious it is not

going to fit. And it can be a real pain at malls where a lot of spaces are
for small cars only. Oh well I just use two spaces. Lots of the new malls
are designed for small vehicles it seems and things can get pretty tight.
After six years living in Europe I got pretty good at levering cars into
parking spaces with inches to spare. But....

Robin Giesbrecht

>From: Imperial59crown@xxxxxxx
>Subject: IML: Largest Imperial
>Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 23:30:45 EDT
>
>I'm not sure which Imperial is the largest, but would have to agree with
>Hugh
>that the earlier models were probably the longest and widest built. To me,
>my
>1959 Imperial is the largest car I have ever driven in my life, or probably
>ever will drive. When I first got it I would always stay well to the left
>hand
>side of the lane, since I was afraid of side swiping parked cars. Now I
>know
>why those curb feelers were so popular in the 1950's! I have never
>attempted a
>parallel park in my Imperial yet, but if I did it would have to be a double
>long space.
>
>Bill '59 Crown still in the hospital

Add photos to your messages with MSN Premium. Get 2 months FREE*
http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=htt
p://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines