From: Bruce Stubblefield [mailto:audiblefeast@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, May 24, 2004 12:30 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IML: 78 NYB squeals

Hello list,
   The new timing chain is on and the engine seems
fine after starting instantly.  Thanks to all for the
advice.
    At idle all is well, but as I rev up the engine,
the belts (I think) gradually start to squeal.  I put
soap on the  belts, which didn't help, as well as a
soapy water solution, which also didn't help.  I can
depress the belts about 1/2" and are about at tight as
I thought I could get them.
   Any suggestions to get rid of the squeals?

thanks
Bruce S