Air Ride ... saga continues.

My father just converted his air ride a couple months
ago. He cut the spring mounts off a Dynasty rear axle,
trimed it to fit flat over top of the original
imperial spring mount, drilled a hole thought the
Dynasty mount to line up with where the imperial
spring bolted, and bolted the Dynsty mount with the
rubber isolator in...

I know of another person who skipped the rubber
isolator all together, but built a steel puck to
locate the lower part of the spring into the the
original Imperial axle. The puck was again bolted in
using the hole where the original air sping bolted
down.

I'm sure there are many methods to accomplish this
conversion without changing the whole rear axle. Any
way that ensures the spring will not come out, break,
or wear should be acceptable.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7903209320&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1