Leather / Vinyl

If one digs a little into this car dealer's other auctions, one can see his
'66 T-Bird, shown here
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2481176930

This car dealer claims his T-Bird has a leather interior, in two different
places in his ad. If one knows what 40 year old leather and 40 year old
vinyl looks like in comparison, then looks at this T-Bird, one can easily
see how loosely this car dealer uses the word. This T-Bird would appear to
have the standard vinyl interior. Leather was a real rarity in those 'Birds.

The front seats of the LeBaron look like they could have been redone in
leather. If so, the dye wasn't correctly matched. To this dealer's credit,
I'd bet its genuine, virgin, and natural vinyl, possibly organically grown
from the richest petrochemicals available. From his ad, this dealer seems to
know how to recognize original carpeting, you'd think he'd be a little more
up on leather and vinyl.

It sounds like he is pretty loose w/the facts in the 'one of 19 cars made'
statement, too. This pattern of false advertising could be a useful tool in
negotiating by the bid winner.
Buyer beware of the wormy spud.

Eric
'63 Crown Four-Door