Leather / Vinyl

This car is local to me, and I just happened to see it about 30 minutes ago
at a local car show.  The dealer that is selling it is actually a
consigner, I met and spoke with the owner who had taken it to the show.  He
didn't seem to have a real in depth knowledge of Imperials (so I would
guess that the 1 of 19 probably doesn't have a lot to back it up).  He
bought it from the 2nd owner who had done a fair amount of restoration on
(it sounds like the current owner has the receipts for what was
done).  Some of the things that were redone are the front seats, which is
leather, not vinyl, its just the wrong color (the current owner has a
receipt for it, so I presume it is correct, and it does look like leather
when you get close to it), the paint was redone (it doesn't look like a
correct color to me, but I am no expert on the 67s, the owner thinks that
there is too much metal flake in the paint, I think that there is too much
purple), the weatherstripping, and I don't recall what the other things are
that he told me.  He did say that he has a front end kit that will get
installed in the next few days, and he has new (NOS) motors for the rear
windows.

The car looks to be in good shape.  There are some blemishes (the wood on
the interior needs to be refinished, the cardboard in the trunk could use
replacing, the passenger mirror looked like it had some problems), but a
pretty solid car.  The owner is asking $7500.  I think that the front seat
is the biggest drawback.

There was also a pretty nice 55 Custom 4 door at the show.  It appeared to
be all original, and showed a bit of wear and tear.  But for a 50 year old
car it looked quite nice.

Mark Elliott
64 Crown 4 dr