How safe is our Old imp in traffic

My Imperials have been hit by many different cars. I didn't drive all of them a
total of 286,000 miles over a period of about 15 years without any collisions.
That said, none of them were hurt significantly EVER. In most cases the other
car was totalled. Three times were rear enders where I was sitting still and
hit in the rear by someone. All three cars were completely destroyed ands the
people were hurt in two of them.

These days there are many larger trucks and SUV's on the road which would
probably end up with far different results. I have never been involved in a
high speed collision, but with the exception of a head-on crash, I think that I
would rather take my chances in an Imperial than anything else that I have
driven lately. Something to remember about Imperials is that they really were
stronger than most of the other stuff on the road even back then. Imperials
were sought after as "Demo Derby" cars even when there were lots of other big
cars still around to use.

True, they do lack the majority of modern safety features. Only my '65 has
factory seat belts, and they are only in the front.

Paul