'56 Turnsignal Switch

If you take the steering wheel off you will probably find that the cast pot
metal cancellation arm is broken. This part will fit out of other 1956 cars.
Mine came from a '56 DeSoto. I suspect it might be the same in '55s as well.
After you change that, remember to NEVER "hold" the turn signal lever to keep
it from canceling. That will snap that puppy in no time flat.

Paul