'67 hubcap annoyances...

My hubcaps didn't squeak but popped after I got new tires.  I took them off and
wrapped tape around the outside prongs, and that stopped the popping.

However, I didn't do all the wheels and the rear ones popped for awhile.  But
finally, after the tires were "broken in" it stopped.  I think it is just that
the tires are new and stiff and are causing the wheels to flex slightly.  You
can try one layer of tape or just wait until it goes away, I guess.

Mark M