My new '59

It is sad that I have not been able to enjoy driving my renewed 1959 Imperial, since I have not yet been able to find any auto shops which have the adapter rings to raise the air cleaner, and I don't want to drive a brand new engine and carburetor around without an air cleaner. I went to one which usually stocks the rings, and they should have them tomorrow. You would think the big chain auto parts stores like Pep Boys, Auto Zone, and Kragen would stock these things, since I'm sure if anyone has put a new Edelbrock electronic carburetor on their car they would need them to raise the air cleaner over the electronics part. Thanks to those who offered alternatives to the original air cleaner. I think the best idea is to go to a newer model year and paint it gold. I did take the down time to clean up the car after being in the shop for almost a month, and having the engine pulled, there were plenty of grease spots around the front of the car. After a good washing there was still buried grease stains in the chalky old paint around the hood area, and I noticed the rest of the paint was becoming quite dull again, so I got out the orbital buffer and gave the car a good cleaner waxing. When I finished the car looked absolutely great, and was even a deeper tone of yellow. I guess it is all dressed up with no place to go for a few days. When I finished and cleaned up everything, I took some time to just stand there and admire the beauty of that car, and day dreamed about the day it's restoration is complete, and what a proud father I would be for bringing it back to life again.

Bill '59 Crown