My new '59

> It is sad that I have not been able to enjoy driving my renewed
> 1959 Imperial, since I have not yet been able to find any auto shops
> which have the adapter rings to raise the air cleaner.

Why don't you  buy a chrome one for ten bucks until you find what you need to
make the original work.  All the auto parts stores have the chrome air cleaners
sitting on the shelf.  I don't think you are going to find an adapter to make
the original work...  They have adapters to be able to use the 4bbl sized air
cleaner on a 2bbl carb.  You need one that will raise the aircleaner and then
go to a smaller opening of the '59 air cleaner.  Usually these are made of
rubber and the rubber would soon fail allowing the air cleaner to drop down and
sit on the choke plate holding it closed. I have tried to do this on several
cars and never found anything that works.  I hope you have better luck than I
have!!  Please let me know if you do find something that works.

                 Steve B.